Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Month of Thanks

I'm a little late coming to this game, but I read about this blog challenge on Stacy's blog and wanted to try. The gist of this challenge is to blog everyday for this month of Thanksgiving about something you are thankful for.

To be honest, I really don't know where to start. The past month has been full of challenges for me, some of which I'm not sure I've recovered from and some of which I'm sure will reappear. I know I should be thankful for those challenges as they will teach me and make me stronger in some way...some day. But for now I cannot think of them as blessings or 'teachable moments.' Right now I am just "getting by" using an old AA saying: One day at a time.

So if I have to be thankful for something today I will be thankful for whatever I have inside of me that is getting me by, one day at a time.

No comments: