Monday, June 28, 2010

What's been goin' on ova heeyah

Well, it's been a busy few months around the ol' homestead and most of it stressful. We (and I do mean 'we') successfully managed to graduate from Ledyard High School, although Kathleen was the only one to walk up to get the diploma. Seriously, I am so proud of her, but I definitely could have done without the stress of last minute assignments and down to the wire test scores. Goodness...



But graduation evening was a wonderful one with bright sunshiney weather and joyful tears as my oldest baby reached an important milestone in her life. Love ya Chicken!


Not to be outdone, Shelby successfully 'graduated' from 6th grade in elementary school and will be a big middle-school seventh grader in September. For the first time in twelve years I will not have a child in elementary school. Goodness again...

Randy has had the most horrendous schedule on the submarine recently. We've seen less and less of him as time goes by and will see even LESS of him this summer. Such is the life I keep telling myself. Thankfully he was able to come home for a few hours and attend Kathleen's graduation ceremony.

We had some family portraits taken last weekend by a wonderful photographer recommended by a friend. They are beautiful and capture our family's personality perfectly. You can see some of them here just scroll down to "The Reid Family" and click in the center of the flag for a slide show. We had such a great time during this photo session even though I usually 'hate' having my picture taken. I do look at myself in some of them and say "OMG!" but it is what it is and I really do like them. :)

I've also been busy making cakes. Graduation, baby shower, birthday... You can see them here

Well the girls and I are taking a little "R & R" soon and I'm looking forward to that although I'll mostly hear "I'm bored" so many times I'll go out of my mind. Let's hope I bring them home with me....hahaha :::evil laugh:::

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite shot is of you with your head against hubby's chest and eyes closed. The look on both your faces says it all!

Congrats to all your graduates! Woo hoo!

Hugs from TN!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lois! They truly capture our emotions. My favorite of the two of us is a similar one, it's black and white and both of us have our eyes open. Can't wait to get a huge print of that one!
WooHoo to you too! :)