Wednesday, September 01, 2010

1st Day of Middle School

































Woke up with this in my head this morning, much to Shelby's dismay... haha.

(Sung to the tune of the Beatle's "Yesterday")

First day of school today
My little girl looks so grown up, and hey-
All those preschool days are far away
My baby starts middle school today

How did she
Ever get to be taller than me?
That's not hard because I'm 5'3
My baby starts middle school today

Why'd she have to grow?
And not slow - it went so fast!
Those cute baby days, went away
She's in middle school today-ay-ay-ay

First day of school today,
Soon I'll wipe my tears and shout HOORAY
But 3 o'clock will come so quick, and hey
She'll be back home
And I'll hope for the second day!

1 comment:

Shari said...

They grow way too fast!